Thursday, October 16, 2008

Welcome ... To the world beyond your horizon!

Hello world.
Hello myself.

I've been a blog lurker for almost two years, and have decided that it is my time to make myself at home within this community. In this time I have found so much wonderful and inspiring information, and have also learned a great deal. However, I now think it is my time to put a plan in action and this is my attempt at becoming more accountable. I am one who likes to list my goals and see them completed over time, and think this forum will allow me to expand my goals beyond my own horizon.

So, with that being said, I'm laying out for you (and myself), plans for Beyond Your Horizon.

Main Focus: I have a passion for personal finance but definately consider myself a novice, so this will be a major focus in my writings. This includes accomplishing financial goals, financial education (especially when it comes to investing), and increasing financial stability. But this is also to include ways of saving and practicing frugality in this consumer driven world.

Other Mentionables: As with others, my interests do not strictly lie in personal finance, so you expect other parts of my life to show up on this blog. I think its easy to get so wrapped up in our daily lives, that we forget (or don't seem to have the time) to live life to the fullest. So, with that being said, a few topics that I can pre-warn you that will be found here from time to time is:

a) Life Goals - Goals beyond the financial realm. I am looking to step outside my comfort zone, and be a little adventurous.

b) Wedding Planning - As I recently am engaged, I will be discussing my thoughts on the industry, and possibly part of the planning process. I think of myself as non-typical when it comes to the bridal industry and find it not only overwhelming, but alot of it very unnecessary.

c) Hobbies - This may be sporadic, but I plan on having times of indulging in sharing best recipes, projects completed, lliving a healthier life style etc. Maybe a one a week thing.... this is pending.

Again, welcome to Beyond Your Horizon, and thanks for stopping bye!

BeyondYourHorizon

No comments: